a safe place to grow in faith
Cedar Creek Church is a vital church that launched in 2004. We believe we are called to touch people's lives with the love of Jesus Christ and to impact our community and world. We believe God has called us to combine things that don't often go together:
There have been so many examples of God's amazing provision in our short history. Time after time God brought us the right people and the right resources at the right time. We pray that you may be another example of people feeling led to come to our church.
- an intergenerational church with a core of young families all the way through seniors
- a desire to reach people locally through small groups as well as impact AIDS orphans in Africa
- roots in a historic theological tradition (Presbyterian) as well as music and teaching with relevance for today
- a heartfelt desire to reach out to those far from God as well as an unwavering focus on teaching biblical truth as expressed in Reformed theology
Some of our church's highlights:
- January 2004 - began weekly worship at Sherwood Regal Cinemas
- December 2004 - began to support AIDS orphans in Zambia through World Vision (we now sponsor over 70 children)
- January 2006 - Grand Opening of our Ministry Center (the former Sherwood Library)
- April 2008 - became an officially chartered congregation
- Spring 2009 - purchased the Hite House property, renovated and enlarged the Ministry Center
- 2010 - launched our Community Garden and hosted the 1st annual “Running Water” 5K
- 2012 - launched a Homework Club at Hopkins Elementary School
- 2013 - joined ECO denomination
- 2014 - changed our name to "Cedar Creek Church"
- 2016 - welcomed Pastor Mike Conan as our next Pastor/Head of Staff
About Our Denomination
We are a church plant that arose out of an effective partnership between the Presbytery of the Cascades and three parent churches in southwest Portland: Calvin Presbyterian Church, Lake Grove Presbyterian Church, and Sunset Presbyterian Church. We became part of the ECO denomination in November 2013.
What does it mean to be Presbyterian? We are a Christian denomination that came out of the Protestant Reformation in the 16th century and the teachings of John Calvin. Our church teaches the need for personal salvation through Jesus Christ and the absolute authority of Scripture as expressed in Reformed theology. We baptize both children and adults. Our leadership is exercised through a board of elders called a Session. We affirm that God calls women to all levels of church leadership. And we are connected to all the other Presbyterian churches through a representative form of government.
Worship Time & LocationTime: Sundays at 10AM
Location: 21901 SW Sherwood Blvd, Sherwood, OR. For directions, click here.
Pastor Mike Conan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, March 26th Message: “The Enigmatic Human Mind” based on Deut. 6:5, Matt. 22:37, Mark 12:30, and Luke 10:27. To listen to previous messages, click here.